Tuesday, August 25, 2015

One from the archives: Chocolate Hazelnut Mini Biscotti



This is one of my favorite "treat" recipes from the Little Goodies archives! You can see the original post here. As you all know, I love coffee, and I especially love a delicious treat to go along with it. To me biscotti always seemed daunting to make at home (double baking something?! I can barely bake something once and get it right!), but this recipe is quick, easy and super delicious. As we head into fall, I will be making sure keep these on hand for guests or a nice side to my Sunday morning coffee.



Mini Chocolate Biscotti with Hazelnut Glaze
1 box chocolate cake mix
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup butter, melted
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Combine cake mix, flour, eggs, butter and vanilla in large bowl until dough forms (I mixed/kneaded a bit with my hands to make sure it all combined properly).
3. Divide dough in half and shape into two long log shapes; place on baking sheet (will sort of look like two long baguettes - approx. 12x2 inch) Note: the original recipe says to "make your hand into a wide "C" shape, then press lightly on the dough log with your hand to get the biscotti shape - mine didn't need this, but could be helpful). 
4. Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes or until lightly browned
5. Cool on baking sheet for 15 minutes. Then, cut the logs into 1/2 slices
6. Arrange slices on the baking sheet, sides facing up
7. Bake for 10 more minutes and let cool completely 
Note - don't overbake or it gets crumbly! I like my biscotti a little softer than some, so start with less time if you like softer biscotti and increase as needed.

Hazelnut Glaze:
1 cup powdered sugar
4 TBL hazelnut creamer (I used Darigold's all-natural Hazelnut)

To make, combine powdered sugar with creamer, 1 TBL at a time until the desired consistency is reached. On the cool biscotti, drizzle glaze and let set. I dipped a soup spoon in the glaze and let it drizzle off onto the biscotti, moving the spoon back and forth until each was covered to my liking. 

Then - DEVOUR! 

13 comments:

  1. I could totally dip that in my coffee right now! Yum Yum!!

    Linds @ Not A Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh MY this looks glorious! could use own or two with my coffee this morning ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh MY this looks glorious! could use own or two with my coffee this morning ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so wish I was having this instead of my yogurt!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  5. Trying to not eat as many sweets and this isn't helping! I have to make this this weekend!

    liz jo @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks so good! I've never tried to make biscotti but this totally seems doable. Plus you really can't go wrong with chocolate and hazelnut!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy deliciousness! I need one of these tomorrow with my morning coffee :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW!!! I need to remember this for the fall!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks sooo delicious! I never even knew how to make biscotti. It still sounds kind of scary haha but maybe I will try this one day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG I am seriously drooling over these. YUM! Is it bad I want to make these and just these for dinner??
    <3, Pamela
    Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  11. Definitely looks like a delicious treat...I'm a big fan of hazelnut!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks delicious! Biscotti + coffee is one of my all-time favorite breakfasts!

    FashionEdible

    ReplyDelete

Scroll
to Top