Friday, August 28, 2015

Friday Favorites

I can't believe summer is almost "technically" over!! (At least by my standards - even though there are a few more weeks, I always consider after Labor Day to be fall!). I'll miss the sunny mornings, long days and heat!! But I do have to say I'm really excited for fall too. It's the gateway to the holidays and just an exciting time of year. 

It's actually supposed to RAIN here all weekend, so I guess that'll be a good way for us to say farewell for summer! Here are some of my favorites from them week! 

+ Fresh Flowers. My pretty local blooms from the farmer's market are going strong! I LOVE having fresh flowers around the house and this pretty bouquet was only $5! 


+ Football Season. We are so excited that "official" football starts soon but have been watching preseason games anyway! To celebrate, we had to get some new official gear, which meant a cheerleader dress and pom poms for Lila this year, and a new jersey for me!


+ My Diet. Excuse the F bomb, but I got a big kick out of this. This is SO me. I eat super healthy all day and then am STARVING at dinnertime. I did this the other day, came home and told Grant we had to order giant pizzas for dinner. 

+ Sweetness. This sweet boy is just too sweet lately. He's been chatting up a storm and now plays pretend with his cars talking to each other! It's the cutest! He loves Cars the movie and will say "Hi, Lightening, Hi Mater!" as they drive around each other.



+ Frozen. Lila is still OBSESSED with Frozen, and these "Frozen" themed popscicles were a MUST for her. Even though they are just normal popscicles in "Frozen" colors, something makes them taste even more amazing!! 



+ .... and then there's this.  M&Ms came out with a Pumpkin Spice Latte flavor and I WILL be trying it!!



Hope you have a great weekend!!

Xo

17 comments:

  1. I feel the same, totally sad that summer is over but totally excited for fall! Those flowers are beautiful, I love fresh flowers! OMG that diet graphic, hilarious and totally relatable {in fact, I basically did that last night} ha!

    Linds @ Not A Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can't wait for football season either!! and i got some fresh flowers too--i swear they cheer you right up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That diet thing made me laugh SO hard! I am the exact same way! I need to learn to eat way bigger meals during the day so I'm not emptying our fridge at night!

    www.rosyoutlookblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my word- I do exactly the same thing for dinner but with sugar instead!! Love those fresh blooms!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww your 2 are precious! I am BEYOND excited for football season as well. Fall is upon us!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You and Lila in your football gear is the sweetest! And let me know how those M&Ms are!! Happy weekending, gal!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those flowers! I still can't believe fall is around the corner either. I'm not ready for summer to end!

    xo, Carly - soak and simmer

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh I feel the same way during the week about food!! I didn't need to see those M&Ms I need to find them!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those flowers are BEAUTIFUL! Cannot wait for football season to start!!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those flowers are so pretty! And YAY for football and eating all of the carbs after trying to eat good all day. The struggle is real!

    Happy Friday <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful flowers! Fresh flowers throughout the house are one of my favorite things! Stopping in from Friday Favorites! Enjoy your weekend-- rain or shine!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Whoa those M&Ms look dangerous! lol The frozen themed popsicles sound awesome too for the kids!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That bouquet is so pretty! Only $5?! Crazy. I'm obsessed with like every flavor of M&M's so I am absolutely buying those pumpkin spice ones once I find them!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those flowers are gorgeous! And I am SO excited for football to be back! The preseason games are great but I'm ready for real football.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I SO feel you with the food thing - I'm ready to eat everything in sight by dinnertime! Also love the Frozen pops, my sister & I are in our twenties & my Mom made us watch Frozen with it & she loves it so much that we got her little sandwich baggies with Frozen characters on them the other day haha!

    Kristin
    The Blush Blonde

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that bouquet! So pretty. And I am totally with you on the food thing...too funny! Literally sometimes I am just like we have to get pizza. Or Chinese. Haha my two guilty pleasures.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those flowers are beautiful. I got a really nice bouquet of flowers from the Famers's Market a few weeks ago and they lasted a very long time. The M&Ms sound fantastic.

    ReplyDelete

Scroll
to Top