Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Fresh in 15

Do you read the Small Things Blog? If so, you may have noticed she posted a fun challenge last week - "Fresh in 15." She challenged herself to get her hair/make up done in 15 minutes. Lord knows I can use all the help I can get in the time department and have to get up in advance of the kids waking up or I have to get ready while they destroy our bathroom. How long do you take to get ready? I'd never really timed myself, so had no clue if it was possible or not!

Here's my attempt!!!

OK first - here's my "before" - seconds after I woke up! Say hello to my not-so-fine lines and smudged eye make up. Yes, that means I never removed my mascara from the night before. Eek. Yes, I'm one of those people. Despite my best intentions that happens sometimes. Also, full disclosure that I mostly use cheap drug store make up with a few exceptions. Nevertheless, here we go. 

First stop - shower. My hair was washed the day before and I only wash it every 2-3 days or so, so it still had a bit of curl and hairspray left over from the day before. I put it up in a bun for the shower so it wouldn't get wet.


I don't wear a ton of make-up anyway, but here are the basics I used.

I always use my FAVORITE under eye cream.
Stila Tinted Moisturizer
Cover Girl Lash Blast Mascara
Maybelline Fit Me Bronzer
Maybelline Fit Me Blush
Ulta Auto Eyeliner in black

After make-up, I quickly ran a curling iron through my hair and reapplied a small amount of hair spray. Then it was a swipe of tinted lip balm and I was done. 

Time check? 14 minutes! 

Ta da!


What do you think? That didn't include the time to shower or get dressed, but overall it went pretty well!!! 

10 comments:

  1. What a fun challenge! I'm going to have to give a try to see how long it takes me, I certainly need all the time I can get in the mornings!

    Kaylie
    LIFE AS YOU LIVE IT

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're gorgeous in the morning before you put your make-up on!! And after you do too! I love the idea behind that especially when I sleep through 3 alarms in the morning and have to get ready quickly ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG... I don't think I could do that challenge. I'm impressed, girl! And you look better before make-up than I do AFTER make-up. I'm jealous!! :-)
    BB

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would be great at this challenge. I'm so lazy in the morning - especially if I don't need a shower.

    xo, Carly - soak and simmer

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to try this challenge. I'm working on "training" my hair to only be washed every few days. It makes me feel so gross though. It is so much better for my color though. I need to try that eye cream. What lip balm do you use? That color is perfection! You are so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you look just as gorgeous when you woke up :) And I love your eye color, I wish I had another eye color than just plain old brown.

    liz jo @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh!!! First of all, I always wake up with mascara everywhere so you aren't alone :) I am so impressed though!! First off you look so fresh when you wake up?? Uhh how do you do that?!
    You look beautiful...I have to try that ultra eyeliner it looks so good one you!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, I would never look that good in 15 minutes! I've been wondering about tinted moisturizer, I need a lot of coverage {due to redness}, would you recommend yours for that?

    Thanks!!

    Linds @ not a mom

    ReplyDelete
  9. Even when I use makeup remover I usually don't get all the mascara and it's all under my eyes in the morning! I can get ready pretty quickly, but now I want to time myself! You look way better than I do though!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look great with one minute to spare, awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Scroll
to Top