Monday, August 24, 2015

Daddy daughter camping

This weekend was a special one because Grant had been prepping Lila all week that this weekend they were going to camp in the yard together!! She was thrilled to say the least, telling everyone at school, making sure s'mores ingredients were on our grocery list and telling Owen that it was she who got to stay up late. 

Come Saturday, it was the perfect scenario - it was going to be a warm night and she had taken a long nap (which would cure any late night meltdowns).

We did the kids' nighttime routine as usual, but as I took Owen to his room, Lila and Papa headed to the yard to get the campfire ready and the tent set up.

When I came downstairs, there they were, perched in the tent. It was so cute!'


Then it was time for s'mores!! The whole time Lila was bouncing all over the place, so excited for the alone time with Mama and Papa, and for her exciting adventure.


She did a great job roasting her marshmallows ...


And mmmm ... they were delicious!!! 


After that, they got tucked into their sleeping bags and I kissed them both goodnight. I turned out the porch light and headed indoors for some quiet time with my book.

No sooner had I gotten in bed and opened my Kindle, I heard our slider door open. 

Apparently, they watched a quick Netflix show in the tent before Lila decided camping wasn't for her and wanted to be tucked into her own bed inside.

So, she may have only lasted an hour, but I can't blame her - staying up late and having s'mores are the best parts of camping anyway!

Xo

13 comments:

  1. So sweet! Nothing like making moments she'll never forget!

    Linds @ Not A Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun weekend! I remember camping in my neighbor's yard as a kid and it's still one of my favorite memories!

    www.rosyoutlookblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG - she camps like I do. I'm good with the s'mores, and then I want my bed and indoor plumbing. I always say that my version of hunting and gathering is going to the mall - ha! :-)
    Sounds like a fun night anyway! Have the best week!
    BB

    ReplyDelete
  4. bahaha i would have lasted just as long!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute is that?? What a great daddy/daughter night even if it was just for an hour. And s'mores, I loved those as a kid, we don't make them now since we don't have an official place to cook them in our yard. I'm all for camping inside too ;)

    liz jo @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahah she is so cute! An hour is definitely enough!! That is such a good idea! Even if it lasts an hour haha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These memories will last a lifetime! I used to do this with my dad and I still remember like it was yesterday. We always had so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this! While I was reading I was thinking back on how I never made it through the night whenever we would camp in the yard. So funny that she came back in. She's a smart girl to take advantage of the fun of camping while still getting to sleep in her own bed
    MakingRestorations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so darling!! Even if she decided she didn’t want to sleep outside it still looks like everyone had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is the cutest thing! I bet she had the best time. Such great memories!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute! That's so funny that that she decided it wasn't for her. I totally agree. S'mores around the fire and staying up past your bedtime are enough for me. I like my nice cozy bed inside!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is so cute! I am glad she had fun (even if she decided it wasn't for her haha)
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete

Scroll
to Top