Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Chicken Enchilada Bake


I could eat "Tex-Mex" style food every night of the week and this new and easy recipe I tried the other night was quick and delish. Plus, it's actually relatively healthy since it lacks tortillas and uses Greek yogurt for the creamy sauce.  You could easily throw in a layer of tortillas to the casserole or even use as filling for tacos (Grant did) , but I ate it plain and it that worked just fine. I also mixed in some refried beans to Lila's, since that's her favorite food ;)
 
Who doesn't love anything with oozing, bubbly cheese!?
 



Chicken Enchilada Bake
3 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded (I put mine in the crockpot the morning I made this - cooked on low for 8 hours in chicken broth)
1/2 can green enchilada sauce 
1 can diced tomatoes, drained 
3/4 cup Greek yogurt
3 tsp chili powder
2 TBL taco seasoning 
1/2 cup shredded cheese
Toppings - more cheese, shredded lettuce, diced onion, avocado, Greek yogurt, cherry tomato

In a large bowl combine all ingredients (except toppings). Place in greased baking dish and bake at 375 for about 15 minutes until bubbly. Top with more cheese and bake 5 more minute until the cheese is melted. Top to your heart's content and enjoy!!
 
Random Tip! Being the dedicated grillers that we are, we actually "baked" this on our gas BBQ so it didn't heat up our house, and then ate outside! Have you ever baked using your BBQ? We do it all the time now, and it's even been awesome for holidays when we have multiple casseroles that need oven time. We throw two in the oven, and two on the grill and it's perfect!
 
Xo

12 comments:

  1. This looks so yummy! I have never baked using a grill before though (we're not fancy enough to own one that would be strong enough to do so, we're the type of people with the camp grill haha). I'll have to come over to your house for tex-mex night!

    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes please! I'm drooling right now and this is what I wish I was eating for lunch! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who doesn't love Mexican food?! My hubby would be so excited if I made this! Pinning for later, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! I could eat some version of a mexican casserole every week, so I'm always looking for new recipes. The greek yogurt is an interesting component - I'm excited to try this!

    Stopping by from Tuesday Talk. :)
    http://comehomeforcomfort.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my YUM, this looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I could eat Tex-Mex every night too - this looks DELISH :-D

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks so good! 'Baking' in the grill is so genius... My mind is blown! And I love that you can substitute sour cream for plain Greek yogurt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You just made me the happiest person ever! I love me some Mexican/Tex-Mex! I could eat it all day, every day! Love that this is a little healthier with the Greek yogurt too!

    <3, Pamela
    Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a perfect recipe - I cannot wait to try it!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Featuring this next week on my Tuesday Talk football theme. Stop back next Tuesday on Grammie Time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks so tasty! Baking it on the grill?? Now that it something I have never heard of!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, I love enchiladas. I could eat them everyday. I have never tried them with a green sauce and Greek yougurt and it might be a good idea to spice things up a little :)

    I hope you will share your recipe at Idea Box this week :
    http://milaslittlethings.com/2015/08/idea-box-thursday-link-party-22.html
    xx
    Mila

    ReplyDelete

Scroll
to Top