Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Celebrating seven years!

IMG_8457c.jpg

Sunday is our SEVEN year wedding anniversary!! I can't believe it's gone by SO fast. We got married when I was 25 and now that age seems so young to get married (even though it's really not). I think I'm just in denial with how old I am. I always like to look back and reminisce on all that's happened since we got married on a super hot August day in 2008.

Here are a few random memories from the years since ...

+ The day after our wedding, we jetted off to Costa Rica on a beautiful, amazing honeymoon. I love that we left the day after our wedding. It was SUCH an exciting time. We swam with wild dolphins and sea turtles (awesome!), saw monkeys napping in the trees, stayed in a jungle villa with an amazing view, snorkeled in volcano caves and swam in the SUPER warm water on our black sand beach.

Check out those monkeys, napping in the sunshine.


We stayed in SUCH a cool hotel, all the rooms were little villas in the jungle!


Check out the rooms, glowing in the jungle during a rain storm.


Lots of sea caves to explore ...


+ In 2009, we hosted both of our families for our first married Thanksgiving, which became a fun tradition for years to come and I officially became obsessed with the holidays!! Grant also had to adapt to my family's tradition of BBQing the turkey - which he does quite well!!

+ In 2010, I got a new corporate PR job which I would have for the next 5 years! It was job I worked at through both of my kids being born and learned a lot.


+ In 2011, our sweet Lila Victoria was born, forever changing our lives! It was a summer of many firsts for us - our summer days on the lake with friends were exchanged with sleepless nights and lots of stroller walks! But what a great change it was. Here we are before her first Christmas, picking out our tree!


+ In 2012, Lila turned one and Grant and I both turned 30 (EEK!). For Lila, we had a fun birthday party with nearly 40 people (I decided that was too crazy and her subsequent birthdays have been MUCH smaller). For Grant's, we went on a fun weekend getaway with friends. For mine, I remember being frazzled and we went to a quiet dinner.

+ In 2013, I found out I was pregnant with Owen and was due the day after Christmas! It was also a year of weddings! We went to six that year, and had so much fun celebrating some great friends. I was pregnant for ALL of them, but still had fun nevertheless.
+ In 2014, we rang in the new year with our sweet Owen, born on Jan. 2! We spent most of the year adjusting to life with two kids - something we're still working on! Ha! Here he is learning to crawl (with a mouthful of grass - mmm!)
+ So far this year, I've left my job and started a new one!! Job changes are always hard, but I've been adjusting pretty well. And now, we're having more fun than ever with a wild 18 month old, sassy 4 year old, and us trying to keep up with it all!

I never could have predicted how the last seven years would turn out, but I when I look back at it all it's pretty clear that we are truly blessed.

Xo

16 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary! What an awesome 7 years! Wishing you many, many more happy ones together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many amazing memories made in your 7 years of marriage! Wishing you many more! xo, biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. AHHH the sweetest pictures! Costa Rica looks so beautiful...and so fun! And again, your kids are the cutest! Such a sweet family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sweet are these 7 years! Cheers to many, many more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How sweet are these 7 years! Cheers to many, many more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy anniversary! Enjoy every minute!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniversary and what an amazing honeymoon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY y'all! First, your honeymoon sounded amazing! Second, I hope to have half of the beautiful family that you guys have at 7 years in.

    XOXO,
    Linds @ not a mom

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG happy anniversary! 7 years is a long time! Your honeymoon sounded amazing too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awwwww congratulations that is such a huge accomplishment! Tell me all your secrets!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so sweet! Loved seeing all the pictures! And oh my gosh, Owen looks like Grant's twin in that last picture!! I'll turn 25 two weeks after our wedding and I keep thinking we're so young then realizing how many people I went to school with (and younger) who are already married, and how many bloggers who are younger than me are married and I realize it's not so young!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on your anniversary! That's so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats! 7 years is a great achievement. Hope you have many happy years ahead of you. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy anniversary! What a beautiful family! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy 7 years!!! I love the documentation of the years together :) Sophie and Owen's birthdays are very close too!

    liz jo @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  16. So fun looking back with you!! Have a fabulous time celebrating!!

    ReplyDelete

Scroll
to Top