Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Simple weeknight dinner


Sometimes simple dinners are best. This is one of my go-to pasta recipes for that very reason - it's simple, quick and we usually have all the ingredients at home. I love to make this on nights when Grant is out or if we eat after the kids go to bed. This dish is light and includes one of my new favorite herbs - fresh Italian parsley. I swear I always thought parsley was gross, but Italian parsley gives such great flavor! And so, I give you my simple pasta dish.


Simple Pasta 
9 oz linguine 
2 TBL butter
2 TBL garlic, minced
1/4 cup crumbled feta
1/4 cup shredded Parmesan
1/4 cup fresh Italian parsley, minced
Salt and pepper to taste

Cook your pasta according to directions. Meanwhile, melt butter over low heat in a medium skillet. Add garlic and cook until fragrant. Drain your pasta and add cooked noodles to your skillet. Mix well with butter/garlic mixture (you may want to reserve a small amount of the cooking water to add incase you need a bit more liquid to mix in. Add cheeses and mix. Add salt and pepper. Top with fresh parsley. You could also add grilled chicken or prawns to this! 

Enjoy!!! 

10 comments:

  1. This is a go-to meal for us, too, though there are times I forget about it because it's so simple! Thanks for the reminder. It's easy AND yummy... and my 5-year-old is a pasta monster! :-)
    Have a good one!
    BB
    http://thebusybrunette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks delicious - we are all about the simple meals, especially during the week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the different flavor that the feta and Parmesan would have. Sounds like a perfect weeknight meal! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm always looking for easy weeknight dinner! Looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! We have parsley sprinkles, like the dried stuff, and I swear it doesn't taste like anything! We really should buy fresh herbs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmm this looks delicious, and perfect for an easy dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummmm perfect weeknight dinner dish, and leftovers would be perfect for lunch :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks so yummy and so easy! Maybe I'll make this tomorrow night, too late tonight.

    liz sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum! Love the colors on this dish, too! So pretty :)

    ReplyDelete

Scroll
to Top