Thursday, July 9, 2015

Life lately

Life's been pretty grand lately, with warm summer days, light late into the evening, and plenty of time spent outdoors. Here's a peek into what we've been up to lately ... 

The kids have loved playing in the water. Here's Owen soaking wet! While we did have the garden hose out spraying them, he's so wet because he dumped the bucket he's holding on his head! Crazy boy.


We've also been taking advantage of the nice weather to eat dinner outdoors. There's just something about eating al fresco that makes it seem more fancy. We've been eating a lot of simple salads lately and this has been one of my favorites - steak salad with homemade blue cheese!


Our berry crop continues to explode!! Never can have too many of these delicious strawberries!! 


Loving all the pretty flowers that come along with this time of year. And I especially love these pretty peonies at my parents' house! On my "garden" wish list for sure!


This sweet girl. She is not only addicted to ice cream (her favorite food according to her), but she's been addicted to dressing up! She's been wearing her strawberry-shaped sunglasses non-stop. When we picked her up from preschool the other day, the teacher told Grant she kept them on all day except for naptime! She also came downstairs wearing a "princess dress" and announced "I'm wearing my lipstick too!" (her Little Mermaid chapstick!).  


Now that I'm trying to be more of a morning person I've had more time to enjoy a breakfast that's more fulfilling than the granola bar I usually scarf on my way out the door. A little egg sandwich, fresh berries and coffee eaten in the morning sun? Yes, please! 


Just a little peek into what we've been up to lately!

Hooray for it almost being Friday!

xo

2 comments:

  1. Yum, that breakfast looks delicious! I love that Lila likes to dress up and wear her 'lipstick.' I totally remember being like that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That salad looks amazing! I'm going to need the recipe:)

    ReplyDelete

Scroll
to Top