Friday, July 24, 2015

I'm home!

I'm home! After a super long week of travel, that included leaving home on Monday at 2 a.m., I'm finally home after a 6 hour flight last night. After a week-long conference, cross-country travel, and changing time zones, I'm ready for the weekend. 

The one nice thing was, as usual, my favorite part about work travel - ordering room service and enjoying the quiet (staying alone in a hotel room is surprisingly nice when you're used to wild toddlers and a loud house!). So naturally, this trip was no different. My room had a nice balcony where I enjoyed buttermilk pancakes and my morning coffee al fresco (with a major side of humidity).


Selfie before our first night reception! I swear, what do you Southern gals do with your hair!? You must either stay inside or use special products. My hair was a disaster at the end of every day!


Long days followed by more room service in bed! YES! I had about three caprese salads on this trip at various places and it's always one of my favorites!


But fries in bed are always a good idea too ... 


But now I'm back home and planning to enjoy lots of R&R this weekend and give my little family lots of LOVE! I've missed my sweet kiddos so much!! 

xo

8 comments:

  1. I bet it feels amazing to be home! I hope you have a sweet weekend with your family :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Friday! Stoping by from the link up. :) I love what you wore to that reception -- super cute!! Hooray for a balcony and delicious room service while you were away! Enjoy your R&R and love from your littles this weekend! xo - Brenda // Chatting Over Chocolate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man...room service has to make traveling so much easier :)
    Yep - southern girls know how to use major doses of hairspray - or master the art of buns & braids :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a great time! Welcome home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your reception outfit is so cute! Pancakes on the balcony sounds amazing! I hope your weekend is super relaxing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey there, Kaitlin! I came across your blog after you visited mine. It's so cute! I love your little family and can't wait to catch up on all of your old posts.
    The Busy Brunette
    http://thebusybrunette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like you had a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lol about the humidity and hair! I'm a California transplant to the south and I'm wondering the same thing. Also, room service. Yes, always a yes :)

    ReplyDelete

Scroll
to Top