Friday, July 31, 2015

Farewell, July!

Happy Friday! I can't believe July is OVER! The summer is FLYING by, but still lots left to enjoy. We are excited for Seafair weekend here in Seattle and another 90+ degree weekend with lots of sunshine! 

In case you missed it, this week I shared one of my favorite simple weeknight dinners, what we've been up to lately, and some of my "loves & hates." Thanks for all your fun comments - apparently I'm not alone with my love/hate list! 

We spent much of the week outdoors enjoying the weather ... here are my favorites from the week!!

+ Girl Time. Lila's been a bit "sassy" (aka, crying a lot) after school and I think it's because she's exhausted and doesn't eat enough (lately she's been super picky). Lord knows if I'm tired and hungry it isn't pretty. So yesterday, I picked her up early from school for special girl time of her choice - she wanted to go to Starbucks and got a mini Frapp and popcorn. We sat outside and chatted about her day. She LOVED this 1:1 time and was in a much better mood that evening. I love this sweet girl so much! 


+ Dahlias. I love fresh flowers and Grant and I both decided we want to do a Dahlia section in our yard next year! I love these huge blooms we saw on our mini hike - it inspired us to take the plunge! My grandpa had a huge dahlia garden and I had them as my wedding bouquet, so they are a bit sentimental to me too. 


+ Elsa. Oh dear. I mentioned I bought all of our Halloween costumes early, and SOMEONE just couldn't wait for theirs. Naturally, she has to be Elsa. Hahaha. And that wig. Looks more like George Washington in person, but so funny how it's falling off and Lila continues prancing around flinging her braid like Elsa. So cute. 


+ Treats. My obsession with coffee continues and the other day I had a rice krispie treat with my afternoon cup. I'd forgotten how delicious these are!!!! I need to switch my snack to celery and water at this rate - #outofcontrol. 


+ Ice Pops. Evenings in the backyard call for ice pops! Both kids love them and it's so cute to sit and chat with them after dinner. I'm really going to miss this time once winter hits and it's too dark/cold out to have our little after dinner time outside. 


Hope you had a great week!!

xo

10 comments:

  1. It really amazes me how much kids love their one on one time - it's really all they need :) xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that sweet mama/daughter date you had! I hope you have the best weekend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a wonderful afternoon with your daughter! And I love your mug so pretty! Can't remember the last time I had a rice krispie treat... probably should keep it that way since I know once I have a taste I'll want them all haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, your little Elsa is so cute!!! Love her almost as much as your rice crispy ;) Happy Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dahlias are so pretty! I love how light it stays during the summer, I'll definitely miss that in a few months!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun Girl Time!! And that Rice Krispies treat makes me want one.....it's been YEARS!!! LOL Great blog! Glad to have found you from the link-up!! Have a nice weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute that you and Lila went on a Starbucks date! And the picture of you two together is adorable! I LOVE dahlias...so pretty! I think I may have them in my bouquet...but my consultation with the florist was forever ago so I honestly don't remember. Oops! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awe I love your little starbucks date. She looks so happy. Dahlias are one of my favorite flowers. I saw some at U Village last week and I was just staring at them forever. They were so bright and pretty! That Elsa hair is too funny, she is a cutie! Have a great weekend. Enjoy Seafair!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your kiddos are adorable! LOVE Dahlias! The big blooms are so bright and cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks like you and Lila had a great time at Starbucks. I just love Dahlias. They're one of my favorite flowers.

    ReplyDelete

Scroll
to Top