Monday, July 13, 2015

Day in the life: weekend edition!

Happy Monday! I'm down and out with a cold (summer colds are the worst) but despite feeling sick we had a pretty good weekend. I always love seeing everyone else's "daily routine" posts (call me a snoop!) so here's a look at a day in the life, weekend style. 

8:30 a.m. Saturday morning I slept in (no 5 a.m. alarms on the weekend!) and the kids even slept in until 8 which was a nice little treat. We headed downstairs to have coffee (me) and a little Barbie on Netflix (Lila) (PS, this show is the WORST and I quickly banned it - the Barbies are so annoying, dumb and MEAN!)


While the girls relaxed on the couch, Owen wasted no time getting his trains and cars in order!


Meanwhile, Grant was outside grilling up a delicious breakfast. Eggs and bacon on the grill, coffee and a side of toast with strawberry jam. We ate outside and it was fabulous. 


10 a.m. After breakfast, we headed to my parents' house! They were watching our nephew for the day so we all went to the Farmer's Market together. Their town has the BEST market and we left with empty wallets and TONS of stuff. Grant got me a HUGE bouquet of flowers for $10, we got a giant bunch of basil, three huge heads of lettuce, a bag of coffee, kettle corn, peaches, kale, three onions and probably a few other things I'm forgetting. 


Delicious fresh produce!


Noon. We also got some delicious local ice cream bars and of course, Owen doesn't share anymore and he had to have his own! (#hugemess).


2:00 p.m. After the market, we headed home for naptime! I wasn't feeling 100%, so I lay in bed during naptime with my Kindle and relaxed. 


4 p.m. After nap, the kids were raring to go so we hit the park! Peeeeek says Owen!


They love this little tunnel. 


7:30 p.m. Then we headed home, the kids had a quick dinner and were off to bed. Papa reads the best stories!! 


8:00 p.m. Then we ordered Thai takeout and ate outside while enjoying a glass of wine. Perfect summer evening!


10:00 p.m. We had a small campfire and enjoyed the stars before heading to bed. 


11:00 p.m. Not pictured! Grant attempted to spend the night outside in his camping hammock. I texted him about 11 p.m. and he said it was quite comfy. Well, when I woke up in the morning he was in our bed - he said he lasted until about 3 a.m. when he woke to a mosquito attack. 

Hope you had a nice weekend!! Linking up with Hill Collection today to see the rest of your daily routines were like. 

xo



6 comments:

  1. Pretty perfect day if you ask me!! Haha love that he didn't last all night in the hammock! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Farmer's Markets!!! Best place to sepnd a weekend morning!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Thai order looks like what we always order! Pad thai, tom kha gai soup and then we always switch up the third thing we order. I'm totally craving Thai now! Those flowers from the market are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun weekend :) I love it
    Chelsea @ thewilliamsjourney1.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you had breakfast on the grill! And Kettle Corn is definitely the best part of the Farmer's Market :) You had some great buys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That barbie show looks awful. My mom never let me watch any of those when I was a kid, and Sophie has grown up without a TV in the house, so I hope we can avoid awful shows that we have to watch too. That breakfast looks delicious! Your day looks very jam packed but very fun at the same time. How do you do it all?

    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete

Scroll
to Top