Thursday, June 11, 2015

SUMMER READS!

Hello, everyone! My posting has been light this week because I started my new job yesterday, however I did want to pop in today for the Everygirl Link-up with Rachel and Astleigh. This week's topic? Summer reading! It's no secret that I love a good summer read. To me, summer read means simple, fun, nothing too serious (ok , fine so I guess I read "summer" reads all year long then!).

I've been reading a LOT more lately - I always have 2-3 books loaded to my Kindle and love reading book reviews to have ideas for the next on my list.

Recent Favorites ... 

I blogged before about "The Girl on the Train" by Paula Hawkins. This actually doesn't fit my "definition" of summer read above since it's more of a thriller, but if you liked "Gone Girl" or mystery type books, it's great! Highly recommend.




"Me Before You" by Jojo Moyes. This is equally as good. It's a bit sad - it's about a young gal who gets a job caring for a quadriplegic (and duh, they fall in love). The ending wasn't what I wanted, but it was realistic. I also highly recommend and am excited about reading one of her other books! I love discovering new authors.



Because I enjoyed that book, I am currently reading "One Plus One" by the same author, Jojo Moyes. It's about a family with a "math" prodigy daughter, bullied teen brother and single mother. I'm only about half way, but I'm liking it and excited to read more of this author's books!





Now, onto what's waiting next on my Kindle!

"In the Unlikely Event" by Judy Blume. YES! Judy Blume has a new adult novel out. I've loved all her books, from her kids books to her adult books. The topic doesn't thrill me, but I like her books and am excited to try this one too. 




AND ... Um ... can I even admit this!? 

"Grey" by EL James. This is the fourth Fifty Shades of Grey book out next week, that is apparently told from Christian's point of view. I can't believe I'm admitting this, but I may or may not be planning to read this as well ... true literature at it's finest!



Can't wait to see all of your other recs! I love me some good books!!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Scroll
to Top