Monday, June 8, 2015

Summer fun

Ahh, Monday. What an amazing weekend we had full of sunshine, sand, picnicking, BBQ and family!! I love summer weekends for this reason and it's only the beginning of my favorite season!! The other nice thing about warm days full of play in the backyard? The kids sleep great - both days they took good naps (even Lila!) AND went to bed early! Grant and I even got to sit outside after they were asleep to enjoy a late BBQ and some wine. 

This was my view during naptime. Fine cultured reading (ha), water and a view of the "pool." 


Pool water warming up in the morning sun! And full of sand and grass by the end of the day. 


Delicious BBQ hamburgers, tortellini pasta salad, caesar salad and a smooth glass of Syrah. 


Here's Lila, my little flower child, at the beach. My mom got her this headband at H&M for her birthday and she hasn't taken it off since! She's worn it nearly every single day for the last two weeks. So sweet. 


And yes, naturally it wouldn't be a Goodall family weekend without at least a quick trip to the zoo. Here's my sweet family - Grant the owl, Lila the bear and Owen the cub!


And to cap a lovely weekend, another glass of wine al fresco. This time, a crisp, cold rose. So refreshing on a hot  summer night. 


Hope you had a great weekend too!! 

Xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Scroll
to Top