Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Pesto Mozzarella Garlic Bread


I love a good garlic bread. We recently had a HUGE round loaf of french bread leftover from a dinner party and I wasn't quite sure how to use it until I saw this pesto mozzarella cheese bread recipe from Two Peas and Their Pod! Grant and I had this for dinner paired with a simple green salad and it was an indulgent and DELICIOUS treat! You could do this with many different toppings, but I think this would be a really fun dinner party side dish to spice up the traditional garlic bread.

Pesto Mozzarella Garlic Bread 
1 loaf of french bread, cut in half lengthwise (I used a round loaf from Costco, but the shape doesn't really matter)
1/2 cup basil pesto
3 TBL mayo
16 oz fresh mozzarella, sliced (the kind either in water or found in the deli section is best!)
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Preheat your oven to 400F. Mix the pesto and mayo together in a mixing bowl. On a large baking sheet, lay your bread cut side up and spread each half evenly with the pesto mixture. Top with mozzarella slices, and then finish by topping with the Parmesan.

Bake for 10-15 minutes until cheese melts and begins to brown. I did a quick broil at the end to get the cheese to brown/bubble a bit.

DEVOUR!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Scroll
to Top