Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Morning Person

Normally I hate hashtags but I want this ! I Woke Up Like This Travel Mug by MySassyLife on Etsy
image

I've always desperately wished I were a morning person. My ideal routine would be as follows. BOUND out of bed at 5 a.m., take a quick shower and get ready for the day, followed by a quiet morning breakfast, coffee and reading, catching up on the news, blogs or otherwise. There's a peacefulness about a quiet house and the whole day ahead of you.

However, there's one small problem ... I'm NOT a morning person. Even if I go to bed at 9 p.m., it's a struggle to wake up early. I'd like to blame it on this fact (#riiight). But in reality I think being a morning person is something you either are or aren't.

What do you think?  Grant and I are both trying to change our tunes, but one thing I'm definitely realizing is that I require (or like) way more sleep than he does. 

Here's how it went when I tried it one day last week ...

#Nothanks ... not even 6 a.m. yet (and my clock is deceiving because it's set 10 minutes fast).


OK so I'll admit I then snoozed for another 20 minutes or so. Finally up at 6:10 (real time) and into the shower. To start, I felt more like this:

95 Funny Nursing eCards and Memes - Nurseslabs

However, once I went downstairs things were looking up. I was met with this beautiful sunny view over our backyard. Morning sun really is quite pretty ...


 Then, with my coffee in hand (#neverenoughcoffee), I settled in to do some work, blog and general reading.


All in all, I was a fan! There are TONS of "how to become a morning person" tips on Pinterest, and essentially they all say you just have to go to bed early and stick with it until it becomes habit. 

Are you a morning person? If so, what gets you to stick to the routine?

Xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Scroll
to Top