Thursday, May 21, 2015

Working from Home

One of the great things about my job is that I can work from home pretty much whenever I want. I normally only work from home one day a week at most, since my Mom is there with Owen, but it's a fabulous option to save on commuting time and also offers the ability to get a few things done here and there around the house. 

And of course, there are other benefits ... 
I love working for myself from home. I get along with everyone in the office, I can show up in pajamas, and I always win Employee of the month.

Another reason I don't work from home as regularly as I could is because our "office" is now Owen's room. Meaning, our office stuff is now set up in the garage. Grant has no problem working in there, but I generally set up shop on our couch for dining room table. 

Recently, I detailed what a work from home day looked like for me. I had early calls, so Grant took Owen over to my Mom's house so he could play over there for the day. 

Here was my rough schedule:

7:30 a.m. - join a two hour conference call. Make sure I have lots of coffee. Banana bread doesn't hurt either. Start to-do lists. 


8:30 a.m. - still on conference calls. Don't I look so cute in my headset!?


9:30 a.m. Conference call ends. Time for a bathroom break and to throw in a little laundry (benefit!)


11:00 a.m. - Working away. Now that my calls are done for the time being, I'm able to turn on a bit of background TV. 


12:00 p.m. Lunch break! Almost time to start into another three-hour session of phone calls, so it's a quick lunch.


2:00 p.m. Quick break means time to throw dinner in the crockpot. Taco soup for the win! (Since I started it so late this time, I cranked it to "high" so it only had to cook four hours instead of the normal eight on low).

3:00 p.m. Starting to go cross-eyed. 


4:00 p.m. Time for a pick-me-up! Costco chocolate chunk cookie (and more coffee) it is!


4:30 p.m. - Heading out the door to pick up Lila and then Owen! 


5:30 p.m. - Return home, play, and have dinner. Here's a final look at the taco soup!


So, there you have it! Do you ever work from home? Do you like it? I'd love to know ...

Xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Scroll
to Top