Wednesday, May 20, 2015

#Current Loves

Love. Love is all you need. Watermelon.
image

There is nothing I don't LOVE about the above picture. We've been doing a lot of loving and laughing around our house lately, too. The kids have been so goofy and now like to make each other laugh! I hope they are always BFFs! I'll be savoring this time when they don't bicker yet. Can I pretend they never will? Yes, I think so.

Here are a few things I've been loving lately! 

+ New Reads. On vacation I read two (!!!!!) books. Yes, two books. Novels. I love to read and used to read so much, but lately I'm lucky to sit down and read for any length of time before falling asleep. I read "The Girl on the Train" by Paula Hawkins first - it's really good, a thriller and kind of dark (aka not chick lit!) but if you liked "Gone Girl" or mystery type books, it's great! Highly recommend.



I also read "Me Before You" by Jojo Moyes. It also also equally as good. It's a bit sad - it's about a young gal who gets a job caring for a quadriplegic (and duh, they fall in love). The ending wasn't what I wanted, but it was realistic. I also highly recommend and am excited about reading one of her other books! I love discovering new authors.



+ New Jewels. My mom and I popped into the Kate Spade boutique in Palm Springs and let me tell you - I wanted EVERYTHING!!! I held back and bought two small pieces of jewelry, but I wanted their bathing suits, dresses, springy purses - all of it!! Highly recommend checking out their bathing suits if you need a new one this summer. They had some really cute/well constructed one and two pieces. Next year! I got a "spade" bangle in white, and also the gumdrop earrings in bright green. Love them both!




+ New Cocktails. I can't wait for summer when we can continue our creative cocktails that we had on vacation! I featured a delicious citrus sangria last week (definitely check it out!!!), but my other favorite was an amazingly fresh paloma with fresh grapefruit juice, lime juice and a splash of OJ (you can find many paloma recipes here). 


Here's the recipe for ours:

Fresh Grapefruit Palomas for Two 
1/2 cup Tequila (make sure not to go for the bottom shelf stuff!)
1/2 cup FRESH grapefruit juice
2 TBL fresh OJ (you can leave this out if you don't have any)
1/2 cup club soda
1 TBL lime juice
1 tsp sugar (plus extra if you want a cute sugared rim for your glass)

Mix all together with a cocktail shaker and serve over ice!

#ENJOY!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Scroll
to Top