Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Favorite Vacation EVER!

The Saguaro Hotel in Palm Springs: With a vibrant color palette inspired by the native flowers of the Colorado Desert.
beautiful Palm Springs!

Today I'm linking up with Momfessionals to share ... my favorite vacation ever. Now. if you know me, you know I LIVE for a great vacation. In fact, when Grant and I were first married - we went on vacations 3-4 times a year. Talk about LUXURY! For me, the ideal vacation for me is somewhere warm. I LOVE me some sunshine. Mexico is one of our favorite spots. It's close, warm, relaxing and inexpensive! I love it. However, now that we have two kids, we don't get away much. We haven't taken the kids to Mexico (yet) ... however, I'm hoping we can soon!

So ... my favorite vacation EVER. That's a really hard choice. We've been on some great ones. We honeymooned in Costa Rica ... saw some amazing sites in Kauai, Hawaii, etc. But, since we're on the verge of heading to the desert for our annual Palm Springs getaway, I am going to feature that. There's something special about it for me, and it's truly one of my happy places.

If you aren't familiar, Palm Springs is in the desert of Southern California. In some circles, it's known for old people and strip malls. BUT it's so much more than that! It has a bright, vintage-y style if that makes sense. It has that dry desert heat, and I love it. My great aunt owns a vacation home there that she lets us stay in, so my family's been going there since I was a kid. Some years we'd drive to Disneyland, other years, we'd drive to San Diego and make other day trips. And, it's a perfect 2 hour flight for the kids. We have a house with everything we need and have a great time!!

Lila was 9 months old the first year we took her there. Look how tiny! Now she calls it "Palm Pings," which is too cute. It's definitely one of her happy places too!


There's an orange tree on the patio so we make fresh juice everyday. There's also a lemon and grapefruit tree. There's nothing like fresh citrus!!


There's amazing scenery in the area as well. The famous Joshua Tree national park is close - if you ever have a chance to go, you must. It's beautiful!!

 
There are also amazing Palm Oasis parks there. Because the area is on the major fault line, there are cracks in the Earth where water comes up and allows these amazing Palm tree oasis areas to form. They look like Palm tree jungles!

Where to hike in Palm Springs, Palm Desert, Joshua Tree National Park & nearby (Photos) - Denver Hiking | Examiner.com

Lila and I look so small compared to these massive trees!


And last year, Owen got to come! He was only 2 months old and in the height of his reflux problem so it was a TAD stressful, but look how sweet and tiny! I'm hopefully he has a much better time this year!


And, when we're not touring around or seeing the sites, we're at the pool or having happy hour on the patio. Nothing beats an outdoor margarita in the desert sunshine!!


Well, except maybe ... 


I hope our little family can continue the tradition for years to come. When the kids get old, we can add some fun side trips to Disney, etc. too!

I can't wait to be back in a couple weeks!! 

xo


No comments:

Post a Comment

Scroll
to Top