Thursday, March 19, 2015

Spring Goals


Spring is such a lovely time of year (if it's not pouring everyday!) and I have so many fun things on my mind for us to do, but I narrowed it down to my top 10 "must do's" before summer is in full swing. Here's what's on my list ... 

Watch the sunrise - sometimes there's nothing better than getting up early and seeing a beautiful sunrise!

Read three books - I've had the same unfinished book sitting on my Kindle for months now! I LOVE to read and miss reading each night before bed (yes, I've gotten sucked into looking at my phone before bed and not reading!)

Have a picnic - The kids love having picnics and I can't wait to have a picnic lunch or dinner at the park soon! 

Do yoga - Haha ... this is my most 'lofty' goal, but I'd love to add a little quiet/peace to my life. I won't even begin to mention how long it's been since I've worked out either, so I think if I can handle dead man's pose, yoga would be a good start

Go on three hikes - There are so many beautiful hiking trails in the Northwest and now that the kids are older it'll be easier to head out on a few trail adventures and get some fresh air.

Plant flowers - I hate buying annuals just to see them die a few months later, but alas, every year I fill our planters. I do like how pretty bright flowers look in our yard and on our porch though so will be on the look out for some pretty blooms once the weather isn't as cold at night. 

Go to the beach! We have some gorgeous beaches around here and the kids both love playing in the sand. Several of the beaches around here have train tracks nearby so they also get their fill of waving at the passing "choo choos" - win! I love the beach and even if it's not warm enough to swim I love a good beach walk.

Try something new - I don't really know what this will look like, but with work, kids and our busy schedule it doesn't leave much time for new things. Any ideas? 

Take Lila to paint at “Color Me Mine” - I want to start to take Lila on a few more "girl days" where she can do something special just with me and we both love arts and crafts, I think this would be a fun one!


Eat dinner outside! We love to eat dinner on our patio table when it's nice out, so I can't wait until it's warm enough to eat outdoors! The best part is the kids can get down early and run around the yard while we relax with a glass of wine a at the table - win win! 

What's on your spring list? Is it shorts weather yet!?

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Scroll
to Top