Friday, March 6, 2015

Mama Weekend

Bookshelf | A Collection of Recipes Meant to Inspire Foodie Gatherings

Happy Weekend!! Grant is on a long weekend "guy's trip" so it's just been the kiddos and I through Sunday ... let's just say the above photo is NOT how I'll be spending my weekend, despite how amazing it looks.

But! We have our own plans! A "princess" 4th birthday party to attend and much fun to be had, I'm looking forward to spend a little 1:1 time with the kids and having a little R&R at home. And, we're excited to "spring forward" this weekend when the clocks move ahead an hour here. More daylight!

Here's what we've been up to this week...

+ Dusk. We've been spending many after dinner evenings outdoors and it's such a nice change that it's staying light enough for us to go on a little walk or hit the neighborhood park after dinner. The kids love it and a little fresh air before bed knocks them right out.


+ The Little Things. Sometimes there's nothing better after a long day than a grilled cheese sandwich, tomato soup and a good magazine. 


+ Camellias. I love these beautiful trees. It seems like a lot of the "vintage" houses around here have them in their yards but I want to plant one in ours!! I never really knew much about camellias  before until I read this book last summer by one of my favorite authors. 


+ St. Patrick's Day Recipes. I'm looking for something fun to make on St. Patrick's Day and although we usually make corned beef and cabbage, this Irish Beef Stew looks like a delicious alternative ...

Click Pic for  50 St Patricks Day Food Ideas - Irish Beef Stew | St Patricks Day Recipes

+ Yeah so this happened. I'm guessing I'm not the only one. (PS - Owen loves thin mints - not surprising!). 



Hope you have a great weekend!!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Scroll
to Top