Wednesday, February 11, 2015

New Favorite Beauty Finds

I've never been one to like buying beauty products. I use the same 2-3 pieces of drug store make-up each day, but as I've been getting wrinklier older more refined of late, I've found some surprisingly great beauty products which are ALL inexpensive! Win!

So, take my recommendation with a grain of salt, knowing that I don't like spending a lot on this stuff, but here you go ...

1. Garnier's "Skin Renew" miracle Skin Perfector BB Cream.  I've never worn foundation, but have gone for tinted moisturizer instead. I used to alternate between Laura Mercier's tinted moisturizer and Stila's (both of which are fabulous), but I recently had switched to Sonia Kashuk's Target tinted moisturizer instead (much better price point!). However, it seems like everytime I go to pick up a new one, my Target never has the shade I'm looking for. This happened last week again, so on a whim I looked for an alternative - enter this fabulous BB Cream. I'd bought a Clinique BB cream years ago and hated it. It was cakey and didn't blend well. So I didn't have high hopes, but I LOVE this one! It feels like amazing lotion for your face, but also is a bit thicker than tinted moisturizer, gives good coverage and is only $10. Love it!! It has a bit of a scent (lotion smell) which I'm not the biggest fan of, but overall I really like it. 

2. "Yes" to Cucumber Facial Towelettes. I hate washing my face at night. I used to buy all of those "three step" cleansers, only to do it for a couple nights and give up. These, however, are light, refreshing and do a good job removing make up. And the are inexpensive. The best part is, they've actually gotten me to wash my face at night. 

3. Sonia Kashuk "Yellow Alluriana Body Butter." This winter my hands have been SO DRY! Anytime I touch fabric or clothing it feels like my hands are velcro! I found this body butter at Target on clearance sale ($7!) and it's amazing! Thick and creamy, keeps my hands moist all day and this scent smells like delicious grapefruit. 

4. Garnier's Moisture Rescue Gel Cream.  Garnier again! I LOVE this light, refreshing gel cream lotion. It's so hydrating without making you feel greasy or like you have a huge slather of lotion on your face. I put this on at night before bed, and also dab a little on before work after I have my make up on. Gives a nice 'dewy' glow. And is also inexpensive at $7ish bucks!

5. Vanille Outremer Eau de Toilette.  This perfume from Paris is my absolute favorite. My mom bought it for me one year at Anthropologie, and they don't seem to carry it anymore but I keep buying it off Amazon. It's a delicious vanilla smell and is under $20. When I picked up Lila at school the other day, one of the kids told me I smelled like a delicious cupcake! I'll take that as a compliment!

I'd love to know what other inexpensive/drug store products are your go to scores! These are definitely mine, along with the $1 "seasonal" chapsticks! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Scroll
to Top