Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Groundhog Day!


Today I'm linking up with Momfessionals for "Show and Tell Tuesday" - today's prompt? Groundhog's Day - what day you'd spend over and over! For me, my ideal day is a summer Saturday spent outdoors, basking in the sunshine at the beach. You can't beat a summer day in Seattle (if it's sunny that is!).

I'd start by having an indulgent breakfast outdoors. We often eat our meals outside in the summer and starting the weekend with pancakes, bacon, fruit and coffee is my favorite! Then when the kids are done, they can run around in the yard while we finish our coffee.


After breakfast, we'd head to Starbucks for a coffee to go (OK, so Grant would totally shun this idea, but whatever!).


Then we'd hit the beach. Seattle is on the water from all angles and there are so many beautiful beaches to go to. These pictures are all from different waterfront parks we go to often - Golden Gardens, Richmond Beach Saltwater Park, Lake Washington - all so gorgeous!




Sometimes the Washington beaches can be cold, but it doesn't bother this brave girl!! 



After the beach, maybe Grant and I would get a babysitter to step in while we went wine tasting or out to dinner...


Or we've also been known to bring our kids wine tasting too!


And follow that with a nice little sunset. Summer days are my absolute favorite. I can't wait until the sunshine is up early and down late.



PS - 138 days until summer ... yes I Googled it ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Scroll
to Top