Monday, December 1, 2014

Hello, December!

first snow!

Wow, what a whirlwind Thanksgiving weekend. Can I just say I wish every week was a four day weekend? So nice to have those extra days off of work for LOTS of family time and overeating. We had such a great Thanksgiving with our family and even had our first snow!!

On Thanksgiving "Eve," a simple dinner before the feast was in order, so we had my recent favorite dinner (as in, we've had this about 4 times in the past two weeks), grilled cheese and tomato soup.


The kids also got to open their special gifts - Christmas books and matching PJs!! Look how cute!



In the craziness of everything I didn't get too many pictures of the pretty table or delicious food, but I did love my "simple" table - I had "chalkboard" paper place mats and wrote in each person's name and a table runner that was actually brown kraft wrapping paper from the dollar bin at Target.


Friday morning we continued the indulgence with a cinnamon roll breakfast. Delish!


It was POURING rain here on Friday - as in there was flooding in certain areas, but that didn't stop us from going out to get a Christmas tree!! Owen doesn't look so sure ...


Lila ate about 50 candy canes ... 


We found a fabulous tree and spent the rest of the afternoon decorating.

Saturday morning, Lila BOLTED into our room at 7 a.m., waking both of us up. "Mama, Papa, IT SNOWED!" It was only an inch or so, but she was SO excited for our first snow. She wanted to go out to play IMMEDIATELY. 


So, out she and Grant went to play ... 


While Owen and I watched from the window! 


We had friends over Saturday night and enjoyed delicious champagne cocktails by the tree!


Sunday morning it was FREEZING - 18 F or so! Yikes! We headed out to the zoo. You can barely see Owen under all his blankets, but Lila's sass was still intact. 



I hope you all had a great weekend too!!! I'm excited for December and all the excitement to come!!

PS, I'm linking up herehereherehere and more so check them out too!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Scroll
to Top