Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Key Lime Pie Bars


I love Mix & Match Mama desserts because they are always easy and always delicious. And this recipe is no exception. My Dad loves lemon bars, so when we had my parents over for my Dad's birthday dinner this weekend, I thought her Key Lime Pie bars would be the perfect dessert! And they did not disappoint. I will admit - I had all the ingredients in the house except key limes, so I used regular limes and they were still fabulous. 

This is definitely more of a "summer flavor" but I served them on a cold Fall day and they were just as enjoyable. If you're looking for a simple, tart, refreshing dessert, then this is for you!!! 


Key Lime Pie Bars
1 box of yellow cake mix
4 eggs
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 box of powdered sugar (about 4 cups)
8 oz package of cream cheese, softened
2 tablespoons of key lime zest 
4 tablespoons of fresh key lime juice


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish. In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, 2 eggs and melted butter.  Spread in bottom of pan. In a second bowl, beat with electric mixer, powdered sugar, 2 more eggs, cream cheese, lime zest and lime juice until smooth.  Spread cream cheese mixture on top of crust mixture. Bake 35-40 minutes until edges are brown and center set (it will still be slightly wobbly in the middle). Cool on counter. I then topped with more zest and powdered sugar. 


ENJOY! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Scroll
to Top