Friday, October 24, 2014

Happy Weekend!


Happy Friday! I'm so glad this week is over! Grant's been gone all week and being a single Mama is no joke! I'm tired! We have no plans this weekend, so we may try to visit a pumpkin patch or do some other fun family-friendly activities. Fall is also in full swing here, with super windy and rainy days. The power even went off at my office for a brief second yesterday, zapping our Internet and phones. 

Here's what we've been into this week!

Birthdays. It was my birthday this week and I was made to feel quite special by my family and friends. I'm counting my blessings!! 


Pumpkin Sage Gnocchi. I posted this delicious recipe earlier this week. It's creamy, hearty and super easy. Plus, my kids gobbled it right up! With the pumpkin added to the tomato sauce, it's a nice little way to sneak in some extra "veggies" as well. If you aren't into pumpkin, don't be too worried, this doesn't have a bold pumpkin flavor but rather adds a nice texture to the sauce. 


Funny. Did you see this goofy video with Jimmy Fallon and Bradley Cooper? It's been making the rounds this week. What they are laughing about is not even really that funny, but it's totally one of those situations where you can't stop laughing and it just makes it worse when you try to stop. The funniest part for me is the "hair" visors they are wearing!! Grant and I saw those in a Sky Mall catalog a couple years ago and got into a laughing fit on the plane from how ridiculous they looked on the model. Who would buy those!?!? (Outside of trying to be funny of course...)



BFFs. Now that Owen has become more interactive and can follow Lila everywhere, they've truly become little besties! Lila will ask if Owen can come in her room and play, and then she shuts the door so I can't come in (oh dear...haha!). It's so cute though and they love to "play" together, which usually includes her bossing Owen around or having him watch her play.



Hair. I feel like I'm always in a "hair rut" ... this week I tried a new "part," which wasn't really that new but was just a deeper side part. For some reason, it made me feel like I had a new 'do! I look weird with a middle part (I have a widow's peak so it always looks like it's off center) and it's short enough that I can't do too many up-styles except the standard "top knot." If any of you have tips for keeping the same hairdo "fresh" day after day, I'm all ears!



PS - I've clearly been spending too much time watching the kids' movies because look at the toothbrush I just bought for myself ... I love Monster's Inc!


Have a great weekend!! I'm linking up hereherehereherehereherehere here, so check them out too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Scroll
to Top