Friday, October 17, 2014

Friday Favorites


It's been another long week and I am so excited the weekend is finally here!! We are having a family lunch with Grant's family on Saturday and my mom and I are having a "girls day" of coffee, shopping and lunch to celebrate my birthday, which is next week! Eek! I'll be 32, which essentially rounds to 40. Where have the years gone?! 

Here's what I've been loving this week.

Halloween Candy. Let's discuss candy corn. Are you a fan? I never really was, but when Lila begged my to buy this bag on a recent trip to the store, I caved, thinking it'd at least be cute on the counter. But let's be honest - I think I've eaten most of it already! I can't even say that  I really love it, but I am definitely addicted. 


My sweet boy. He's such a little foodie. And by that I mean he eats ANYTHING. Here he is a disastrous mess after eating pumpkin sage gnocchi. Then he had to swig his water until he was out of breath. So cute! The mess that resulted ... not so cute. 



My Parents. I am so lucky that my parents live so close and are so involved in our lives and the kids' lives. Here they are goofing around with them, laughing at my dad's antics.


Girl's Night. We had our monthly girl's night this week and the theme was "fall" ... we had amazing pot roast marinated in red wine, a spinach salad with blue cheese, walnuts and honey crisp apples, and I made a pumpkin sage gnocchi. It was such a fun theme and was a fun night! I'll share the recipe for mine soon - it was so simple and as you saw above, Owen ate it right up! 



Funny. My mom left this on our fridge today. Although thankfully, I've been getting some "frikkin" sleep lately. :)


November Issues. Forget the September issues! Who needs fashion when you can have THANKSGIVING recipes! Haha ... in all seriousness though, I always get SO excited when the November issues of cooking magazines come out and I buy ALL of them to hunt for the perfect Thanksgiving menu. It's so fun and I've saved all the copies since we started hosting Thanksgiving. I always buy EveryDay with Rachael Ray, Cooking Light, Bon Appetit, Martha Stewart and Real Simple. SO much fun! 



PS - Did you see my fall favorites and my recipe for Pumpkin Black Bean soup this week? Check them out! 

I'm linking up hereherehereherehereherehere here, so check them out too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Scroll
to Top