Friday, October 31, 2014

Five on Friday: Halloween Style!


Happy Friday and Happy Halloween! We're quite excited around here. Owen's headed over to Nee Nee's this morning, and Lila is having "Pajama Day" at school (I don't blame them for not wanting all the kids coming in their costumes!). This afternoon, we'll pick her up and head over to Nee Nee's to trick or treat. Then after the kids are in bed, Papa and I are heading over to some friends' house for a low-key party. This will be a short weekend for me as I'm heading off to Chicago bright and early on Sunday morning for a work conference, so I'm soaking up as much family fun as possible in the meantime!

Here's what we've been up to this week ...

+ Zombies. In the spirit of Halloween, have you seen the Zombify app? Soooo creepy! It turns a normal picture into what you'd look like as a zombie. Lila thought it was hilarious ... so gross, but kind of entertaining at the same time! Here's mine ... lovely, isn't it? 


+ Pumpkin Bread. So festive and so delicious. Try this simple recipe I posted this week - it will not disappoint! (As evidenced by the missing loaf below ... gone before the rest were even done cooling!). 


+ After School.  After work, when I race home to pick up Lila and relieve my mom from watching Owen, I'm usually a little frazzled, have work projects still on my mind and am racing to get dinner on the table. However, even as crazy as it may be, it's one of my favorite times with the kids. They love to play together after school now and even shut me out of their games! Here they are in their little hut, with Lila's blanket over the entrance as the "door." 


+ Poll: Which is the best Christmas song? Buzzfeed has this fun little poll right now. As you may have guessed, I L-O-V-E Christmas music and listen to it as early as possible. The radio stations around here start playing it in mid-November and I jump right on-board! I have so many favorites, but I have to say I have two "non-traditional" favorites - "All I Want for Christmas is You" by Mariah Carey (duh) and "Mele Kalikimaka" (which you probably remember from my favorite Christmas movie, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation). I have so many others though. If you take the poll, tell me what you voted for! Be warned - they included a lot of random pop culture songs, like a vintage Nick + Jessica duet, and a Britney song! 



+ Owen. My sweet boy will be 10 months old on Sunday!!! I'll post an update on all the latest with Owen next week. 


+ Indian Food. Do you like Indian food? It's really popular in our area, and while it's never been my first choice, my husband really likes it. Tonight we splurged and got takeout from the place by our house, and I insisted on some cheesy naan. So delicious!!!!! Do you like Indian food? If so, what do you order? I need to branch out!


Have a great weekend!! I'm linking up hereherehereherehereherehere here, so check them out too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Scroll
to Top