Monday, October 20, 2014

Family Fun


Happy Monday! Hope you had a good weekend! We had a busy one, with lots of family fun to celebrate my upcoming birthday this week. It was a beautiful fall weekend and even though all of our sports teams lost (boo hoo), we had a gorgeous sunny/70F day on Sunday!

Here's what we were up to ...

Saturday morning we realized we were out of coffee (major crisis in our household), so Papa quickly made an early-morning grocery run and along with the coffee came home with the fixings for breakfast sandwiches.



Happy girls - me with my coffee, Lila with her play dough (haha). Waiting on Papa's delicious breakfast to be ready. And it did not disappoint!


Saturday afternoon we made the trek down to the lake for a delicious lunch/birthday celebration hosted by Vicki and Karl! Vicki knows the way to my heart - Mexican food and chocolate cake. Mmmm. We had a great time, but probably the most fun was had by Owen who was SQUEALING with joy at the sight of his "cousin," Howard the cat. 






Sunday my mom and I had our favorite day - coffee, followed by shopping, followed by lunch, followed by more shopping, followed by cupcakes. It was a gorgeous sunny day so we had our coffee and meals outside! My sweet Mama treated me to two cute tops at Anthropologie and two new fall-colored glassybabys (gingerbread and sweet patootie) I'll show them soon!



The best part is, Grant took both kids to the zoo by himself (yes), and not only survived but they all had fun!!! Owen gets restless in the stroller for too long now so we decided to try him in the backpack - he loved it! Grant sent me this pic while we were shopping ...



All in all it was a great time!! I'm so lucky to have such a wonderful family!! xoxox I'm linking up today herehereherehereherehere, here and here so check them out too!!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Scroll
to Top