Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Pioneer Woman's Chicken Spaghetti



Do you follow the Pioneer Woman? I love her recipes. They are delicious and family friendly. She's also funny, which makes reading recipes even more fun. I love her chicken spaghetti recipe. It's more of a casserole and I like to keep one in the freezer to whip out on nights when we don't want to cook. I changed a few things from her recipe to make it a little more toddler friendly (read: less spicy), but if you like spice then I'd make as is.

My picture doesn't really do it justice, so check out her site for step-by-step photos!



Pioneer Woman's Chicken Spaghetti 

2 cups cooked chicken (I made mine in the crockpot during the day so it was ready in advance)
3 cups dry spaghetti broken in half (I actually used angel hair pasta because I had some on hand)
2 cans Cream of Mushroom soup
2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated (or more ...!)
1/2 cup green pepper, diced
1/4 cup diced onion
2 cups chicken broth
1 tsp seasoning salt
Additional cheddar cheese for top

Cook noodles until al dente (don't over cook since you'll be baking it too). When spaghetti is cooked, dump into a bowl with warm broth and all the other ingredients (looks pretty soupy, but don't be alarmed!). Top with cheese. 

Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until hot and bubbly. 

(If you're going to freeze, stop before the baking portion. I made the casserole up until the baking portion, covered and froze. When I was ready to make it, I let it defrost in the fridge overnight and then baked as indicated above). 

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Scroll
to Top