Thursday, September 4, 2014

Owen at 8 months!


Since Owen is officially 8 months old, I figured I'd dedicate my Thoughts for Thursday to our sweet boy!! He's always on my thoughts anyway, so only appropriate. He's just such a darling boy, always smiling and so happy. I call him "my happy boy." When I walk into his room in the morning, he gets the biggest smile and I squeal "there's my happy boy!" and he smiiiilesssss. It's just the cutest.

So, here's what's new with Owen:


Weight | Almost 19 lbs.! He was 17 lbs at his 6 month check up, so chunking right up!

Health | Our poor boy. Ever since his health scare as a newborn he's been pretty healthy, but the worst thing about Lila being in pre-school is that she brings home every virus known to man! She was at home until 20 months, so was almost never sick until then, but poor Owen has had cold after cold. About 3 weeks ago, he had ear infections in both ears, and still had them last week so was back on antibiotics. Poor boy, hopefully he'll be on the mend soon. I am dreading cold season ...

Sleep | Let's just say I'm tired. See above. He generally is a good sleeper, but has been so sick constantly it's really been affecting his sleep. On a normal night, he goes to bed at 7:30 and gets up around 7:30 a.m. He's usually up once in the middle of the night, typically between 2-3 a.m. Then he has a bottle and goes back to sleep. He also does this weird thing occasionally where he lays awake for awhile in the middle of the night after I feed him, but stays quiet and looks around. He also knows how to put in his own pacifier now so that's been great getting him to settle back in on his own.

Naps | He naps twice a day, once around 10 a.m. for an hour and a half or so, and the second between 2-3 for about 45ish minutes give or take.



Food | He loves to eat! He now has four bottles, one in the morning, one after each nap and one before bed. Then sometimes one in the middle of the night. He loves to eat fruit, especially pears, he loves fruit/veggie purees and loves to feed himself puffs and Cheerios. He also loves to drink out of his sippy cup now! He looks hilarious when he drinks because he grabs his cup by the handles and THROWS his head back, chugs and then drinks so long he gets out of breath.

Teeth | None yet, but his bottom two look like they could come through at any time!

Interests | I could just post "Lila" here. Owen's favorite thing to do is watch Lila. Crawl after Lila, "play" with Lila (aka, grab whatever she's playing with). It's so cute. She's so cute with him too and now that he's more mobile and expressive she "plays" with him or tries to get him to come over to her. So sweet! He also loves playing with anything BUT his toys. His new favorite thing to do is obstacle courses around the house - he crawls under the dining room table, through the chair legs, climbs things, etc. He's also started pulling himself up onto everything! Eek!

Milestones | Crawling, pulling himself to standing, sitting, feeding himself.

So there you have it! Our sweet Owen!

Having a second baby is easier in some ways but a lot harder in others. It's easier in the fact that you aren't scared to death with every little thing, especially during the newborn stage. But, it's harder in the fact that you are more tired (no napping with a toddler to play with!) and have way less personal/alone time.

With Owen being our second (and LAST) baby, the biggest thing I've had to learn (which I still find myself doing) is not to compare the kids to each other. I kept finding myself saying "Well, Lila slept better at this age" ... or "Well, Lila liked to be rocked to sleep" ... etc. Lila liked to nap with loud surroundings, on the go or in the front pack. Owen likes it quiet and doesn't nap well on the go. It's hard not to compare and just go with the flow. It's also a lot more chaotic. There's double the mess, double the schedules and when Grant isn't home, I'm outnumbered! It's getting easier as he gets older but something I keep having to remind myself - chill out, Mama! This has probably been the hardest part for me. If anyone has any tips for this, let me know!

I'm linking up with Thoughts for Thursday!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Scroll
to Top