Friday, September 19, 2014

Outnumbered

happy {blooming} weekend !

Happy Friday! Hope you had a great week! It'll be another 80+ weekend here so we're loving every last minute of summer because I know the Seattle rains will be back soon for the long haul. 

Here's what's been going on around here ... 

1. Moment of Silence. Grant is off on a guys backpacking trip this weekend, which means I'm outnumbered single mom style for the weekend. Let's just all have a moment of silence ... for my sanity. Kidding. Grant's done this a couple other times since we've had two kids (yeah, the bachelor party he had to go to in San Diego when Owen was 3 months old...), but now that Owen is older it'll be a lot easier. Although I do get a tad nervous when I fly solo. Hopefully they'll act like perfect angels. 



2. Boy Mom. I'm so lucky Owen gets to spend his days with my mom. Even though I work full time, I know Owen is in such good hands and so happy he gets to spend the days at home with his beloved Nee Nee! The best part is the cute pictures she sends me at work. Isn't this one the cutest? I love his little gummy smile and backwards baseball cap. 



3. Seasonal Nails. Normally when I paint my own nails it looks like I let Lila do it, but I've been getting better. Here's one of my new fall colors, OPI's dulce de leche. 



4. Sweet Treat. In case you missed it, you've gotta try this SUPER easy almond poppy seed bread I wrote about earlier this week. It's delicious and tastes like you slaved away for hours. 



5. Mom Style. Before I had kids I never understood moms who would claim they didn't have time to shower. Now I do. In case you missed it, I posted earlier this week about what a typical weekday is like for me. It's not that you don't technically have time for things like showers, but sometimes sleeping 30 extra minutes or reading a quiet magazine in peace seems more important than greasy hair. I got a big kick out of below funny



Have a great weekend!!! I'm linking up hereherehereherehereherehere here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Scroll
to Top