Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Hellooooo Fall!!!!

It's here, it's here! Let's put a hold on our regularly scheduled program (aka a recipe) because it's much more important to recognize that today is the first day of FALL!!!

I love this season. Maybe because my birthday is in October. Maybe because it's the kickoff to boot weather. Maybe because it's scarf season. Maybe because you can wear leggings layers everyday. But mostly? Because it's the start of the holiday season, which is my most favorite time of year!!!! Now that our family is "complete" I am so thankful we have two beautiful kids to begin family traditions with, and the holiday season is one of the best times of year to start!

I will admit - I don't totally love the fall weather around these parts. It gets dreary, rainy and windy here ... and doesn't stop until July (Ok slight exaggeration, but not totally). But, nevertheless I'm excited.

Here's what's getting me in the seasonal spirit!

PUMPKIN PANCAKES
I love pumpkin and am always excited when pumpkin pancakes start popping up onto brunch menus! Now that we don't eat out as much, I've been eyeing recipes to make at home. How delicious does this one look with the giant heaping of whipped cream, cinnamon and nutmeg?



VISIT A PUMPKIN PATCH
We've done this every year since Lila was 5 months old and it's so much fun! There's usually several Groupons floating around with discounts to various local pumpkin patches. It's so much fun to pick out our own pumpkins and they always seem to have fun crafts and food too. We actually went to two pumpkin patches last year. At one we did apple cider pressing which was so much fun and Lila got her face painted!

Last year's patch!



When Lila was 17 months ...


And at 5 months!


HAPPY BIRTHDAYS
That's right! I'm a Libra :) I'll be 32 this year .... say what?! Eek!!!! Do you believe in horoscopes? I definitely think there is some truth to them ... both Grant and Lila are Geminis and I definitely think they fit the mold (Gemini is "the twins" - aka good and wild!).

Zodiac - Libra - 11x14 Poster Art Print. $19.00, via Etsy.
image


CELEBRATE CRUSH
For the last couple years we've gone with my parents to celebrate Crush in Chelan Wine Country. Washington has exploded with wineries in the last several years and "crush" is the annual crushing of the grapes. The wineries have lots of events and it's such a beautiful time in Eastern Washington. The fall foliage on the drive over the mountains is almost worth the trip alone. I was very pregnant on our trip last year (aka no wine tasting for me!), so I'm excited this year to partake in all the festivities! Here we are last year ...





TRICK OR TREAT
Holidays with Lila are so much fun now because she is SO excited. This year will be Owen's first Halloween too! To join in the fun (and because Halloween is on a Friday this year), I made sure the whole family had costumes well in advance (nothing is worse than not having a clue what to be and hitting the Halloween store at the last minute ...). This year, we all have our costumes ready and waiting!

ft_04halloween08.jpg
image


GET COZY
Once the kids are in bed, there's nothing better on a rainy evening than a warm fireplace, hot cocoa, candles, slippers and a good movie. It's the perfect at-home date night! 

This is one of my favorite resting places...
image

I'm also excited about crockpots, sweaters, scarves, boots, soup, football, baking, and more! What's on your list for FALL?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Scroll
to Top