Friday, September 26, 2014

Hello Weekend!

football, pie, falling leaves, hay rides, acorns, cozy, pumpkins, giving thanks, caramel apples, coffee, sweaters, boots, starbucks...
image
TGIF! Another busy week! I seriously say that every week and every week it's true. Oh what I wouldn't give to have a slow week. Where I could lounge on the couch watching daytime TV in my PJs eating bon bons (does anyone really do that?). Anyway. This week marked the first day of fall! I always love to welcome new seasons. They bring a change in weather, scenery, sights and smells. Fall brings so many fun things to look forward to (don't be surprised if I start a countdown to Christmas soon, ha!). 

Here's what I've been up to this week ...

1. Rain. We've seriously had the B-E-S-T summer in Seattle. It was sunny and 80+ most of the summer. So funny that this week, when fall began, it has rained almost every day! I will admit I was pretty excited to bust out my boots and sweaters. Grant even took the kids on a rainy-day "run" (Lila even ran!) But, thankfully, we're being eased into the rainy season because it's supposed to be back to sunny and 70s this weekend! 




2. The Vacationers. This is the new book I'm reading. It was seriously on every "must read" summer reading list I saw this year, but it has such bad/so-so reviews on Amazon that I left it in my Kindle queue until I had nothing left. So, I was pleasantly surprised when I started it this week and actually really like it! It's about a family that spends a couple weeks in Mallorca, Spain on vacation before their youngest goes off to college. Each has their own story line and just imagining the scenery in Mallorca is good enough for me... have you read it? I'd love to know what you think. 


3. Twice Baked Mashed Potatoes. I posted this recipe yesterday, and in case you missed it - MMMM, it's a good one. If this is your kind of side, you should definitely bookmark in time for the holidays, or if you're just looking for a delicious accompaniment to your dinner, this one's for you! 


4. New Boots! Did you get new boots for the season? I got some on Amazon this year, which is a first! These are the ones I snagged. I love the cognac color. 



5. Straight Hair. Ever since I cut my long hair into this long bob a couple months ago, I've normally been curling it, but recently I've started wearing it straight more often. I actually use a curling iron to straighten it. I remember in college SUPER straight hair was all the rage, but I am liking this semi-softer version lately ...



Bonus! My sweet boy. 


Have a great weekend!!! I'm linking up hereherehereherehereherehere here, so check them out too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Scroll
to Top