Wednesday, August 6, 2014

The Car Game


One of my greatest joys in having my own kids is to pass down fun games and traditions I liked as a kid and see the joy it brings them! I have so many fun memories of staying overnight at my grandparents' house growing up, and one of the games we used to play when waiting for people to come over was "The Car Game."

It's quite simple - each player guesses the color of the next car that will drive by. Woo hoo!! See how simple that is? But with kids - it's SO FUN!

I'm guessing my grandma made it up, but it was so much fun and if we were waiting for other cousins to come over or for dinner guests, etc., it was a fun way to make the time pass quickly.


Now we sit on the front lawn every day of the week while we wait for Papa to come home from work. Since it's summer, he's been riding his bike, so we guess car colors while we wait for him. Then when his bike comes into view we wave and cheer. It's so cute!


Owen doesn't quite play yet, but he still has a good time!


Lila: "I guess ... BLUE!"... 
Me: "I guess ... RED." ... 
Lila: "No wait, I want RED!" 


And then of course in between cars, rolling down the lawn is always a good way to pass the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Scroll
to Top