Wednesday, August 20, 2014

It's the Little Things: Good Reads


Do you like to read? I LOVE it. I always have a line-up of books I'm waiting to read, and not-so-secretly wish I were an author. The problem is, I rarely have time to read anymore! I've been trying to read at least a chapter or two a night and have really been enjoying some quiet time!

Here are some of my recent favorites... (full disclosure - I like chick lit!)




The Last Camelia by Sarah Jio. Have you read a book by Sarah Jio yet? She's written several and they are ALL so good (yes, I've read them all!). This isn't her most recent book, but it was one of my favorites. They all have a hint of mystery involved and this book has multiple story lines and a great plot twist! Sarah's also a local gal who went to my alma mater (go Vikings!), so I've paid close attention to her books! The other nice thing? She pumps out books like none other! It seems like she publishes a couple books a year, so I also like that I don't have to wait too long before her next book comes out!

The One and Only by Emily Giffin. I've also read all of Emily Giffin's books and this was one of my favorites. It's about love and Texas football - how can you go wrong? Since I'm SUCH a fan of Friday Night Lights, this book was right up my alley. I totally imaged "Coach" as Coach Taylor ... I highly recommend this book!

Landline by Rainbow Rowell. Technically, I think some of Rainbow Rowell's books are teen fiction, but I've loved all of her books too. Landline is her newest and I haven't read it yet but it's anxiously waiting for me on my Kindle. If you haven't read any of her books, you definitely should! Eleanor & Park is my favorite - a sweet story about "unconventional" young love. 

All Fall Down by Jennifer Weiner. I'm reading this one now and loving it! I've also read all of Jennifer's books (noticing a trend here? I'm author-loyal apparently!). It's about a mom who secretly has a pill popping habit ... I'm not very far into it yet but already hooked ... 

So that's what's on my nightstand! I wish I had more time to read. Today I'm linking up here for the "It's the Little Things" series to share mine for the week - good reads! 

xo


No comments:

Post a Comment

Scroll
to Top