Friday, August 29, 2014

Friday Favs

I've never been more thankful for a three-day weekend. This week has been hectic - on Monday we realized Owen's ear infections never cleared and were back at the doctor for another round of antibiotics. On Wednesday, I flew across the country for a quick work trip, flew back late Thursday night and was up early again today to close out the week. I'm looking forward to a little R&R at  home this weekend. And it's actually supposed to be drizzly and cool, so I'm looking forward to some baking, movie watching and lots of coffee.

Here are my weekly five ...

1. Work. Being a working mom is hard, but thankfully I don't have to travel too often. On Wednesday, I woke up with Owen at 2:30 a.m. and by the time I got him back to sleep it was straight to the shower and out the door to get to the airport by 5 a.m. I got a much-needed coffee and pastry! 



(PS - Not a great photo, but if you caught my post earlier this week on business travel outfit ideas, here's what I ended up wearing) 



2. Blackberry Cobbler. There's nothing more delicious than ripe summer berries. I blogged a tasty blackberry cobbler recipe this week that is SUPER easy and equally delicious. And, if blackberries aren't your thing, you could easily sub in your favorite fruit. 


3. My Happy Heart. I was thrilled when sweet Astleigh of the Hill Collection Blog asked me to participate in her Happy Heart series this week (you guessed it - sunshine and beaches were mentioned! One of my favorite beaches in Cabo is pictured below). You can see my Happy Heart eight featured here. And if you haven't bookmarked the Hill Collection blog yet, please do! Astleigh and I share a love of all things Fall and her blog has become one of my daily must-reads!


4. Chef Lila. Speaking of things that make my heart happy, our sweet Lila and Grant had a daddy/daughter pizza-making afternoon recently. She was so thrilled to wear her tiny apron and make pizza with her Papa. They even made a tiny one just for her. I'll post our recipes soon - they were delicious!


5. Just because. Crawling boy with a chin covered in slobber and grass. Such happiness!



Today I'm linking up with all of my favorite blogs (here, here, here, here, here and here) so check theirs out too and have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Scroll
to Top