Friday, August 22, 2014

Everybody's Workin' for the Weekend!

Another week come and gone. Next week I'm traveling to the East Coast for work (aka - my first overnight away from Owen! Eek!!!), so I'm going to soak up as much family time this weekend as possible.

Here are some of my favorites from the week!

1. The Next Generation.  It's so cute to see how kids pick up interests from their parents/grandparents. I know I did, so it was fun to see Lila get a "photography" tutorial recently from her professional photog grandfather, Grandpa Roy. Look how huge the camera looks! 


2. Bright Flats! I don't normally wear flats since I'm so short, but I wanted some "professional" flats with a bit of flare to wear while on the go (heels plus babies = no good). I recently picked up a pair of the Anya Suede Ballet Flats from J. Crew Factory. They brighten up an outfit and look professional enough for work but also are great for weekends on the go. Check them out!



3. Southwest Quinoa. This week I blogged a delicious new recipe - Southwest Quinoa. Quinoa is one of those "over-trendy" foods, but this recipe is a really good one-pot meal that is healthy and super easy. Lila loved it too! 


4. Someone's crawling ... and discovered the stairs - eek! Guess it's back to baby proofing for us! 


5. Great Parenting Read! Have you read the parenting around the world series from Cup of Jo? It's SO interesting to see how parenting can be so different in different countries. The series features parents from the US who are now parenting abroad. For all you parents or those considering becoming parents, I highly recommend reading the series. 



Bonus!! Is this really true? I read online the Pumpkin Spice Latte will make an early debut this year ... as in next week!!!! I don't know how I feel about it starting in August, but have to admit I will definitely be getting one as soon as they hit stores. I love fall!!!! 


Additional Bonus! If you're a book lover, I posted some of my favorite quick reads this week ... check them out here!

Have a great weekend! Linking up here, here and a few others so check them out!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Scroll
to Top