Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Business Travel Fashion



Today, I'm off to the East Coast for a quick work trip (yes, it's my first night away from Owen - eek! Good luck Papa!). Because I'm traveling for work today I thought it'd be timely to discuss business travel fashions. On one hand, you want to be comfortable, but on the other, you don't want to get off the plane looking like you're in your weekend wear (aka leggings, oversized sweater, slipper boots ... which is what I'd prefer to wear!). 

Since I'm meeting my team for dinner after landing, I need something that'll be professional yet comfortable - and that will be suitable for the summer heat and humidity.

Here are a few of my ideas:

1. Bright Pencil Skirt & Accessories. This is a cute yet professional option. Colored pencil skirt paired with white top and bright scarf. I could even wear the same blouse again for meetings the next day since it's mostly covered by the scarf with this outfit. 


2. A shift dressLoose-fitting, bright, could easily pair with a nice belted cardigan or jacket for a more polished look. You could also wear with flats and change into heels before leaving the airport.



3. Black Trousers with Bright Top. You can't go wrong with polished trousers and a simple top. You could add a jacket or scarf with this option too. Also, since my trip is only two days, I could wear the pants again the next day and only have to pack an additional top and jacket or two. 


4. Crisp Button-Down with Skirt and Bright Heels. I don't know that I'd want to hoof it around the airport in these shoes, but I again I could swap sandals for heels. This would be cute and comfortable. 



xo




No comments:

Post a Comment

Scroll
to Top