Thursday, July 24, 2014

Sweet Potato Fries


Oh my goodness. These sweet potato fries are so delicious. Have you ever made them? In an effort to "sneak" more veggies into Lila's diet, I've made sweet potato fries a couple times now and they are so good! I didn't really follow a recipe since really all you need is a sweet potato cut into "fry strips," sea salt and olive oil and you're good to go. Once Owen is eating more of what we're eating, I imagine he'd love these too!

On the side, I made a simple "dipping sauce" that was just sour cream, lime juice, lime zest and a little seasoning salt. Simple and refreshing!

Sweet Potato Fries

1 Sweet Potato
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1 teaspoon Sea Salt
1/4 teaspoon Pepper
1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder

Really, everything mentioned above is up to your personal taste and can be increased/decreased as you like. A teaspoon of cayenne pepper would add a delicious kick, but since I made these for Lila too I left this off so I wouldn't have to hear about them being "too  'picy mama!" 

Preheat oven to 450

Scrub/wash the sweet potato and cut into 1/2 inch thick strips (or thinner ... the thinner, the crispier)

In a mixing bowl, toss your sweet potato strips with the olive oil, salt, garlic powder, etc.)

Arrange evenly on a cookie sheet and bake 20ish minutes (check halfway through and flip so they cook more evenly). 

EAT! 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Scroll
to Top