Thursday, July 17, 2014

Almond Raspberry Bundt Cake

almond raspberry bundt cake with glaze icing ... yuuuum!!

Ready for another embarrassingly easy, don't-want-to-share-the-recipe-so-people-think-you're-actually-a good-baker recipe? 

This is so delicious. And I made the recipe up, so I'll tell myself the creativity makes up for the easiness ... right? I based this off of this standard recipe, but changed the ingredients around. 

And, since I'm already embarrassed, I'll share that we served this last time Grant's parents came over for dinner, and between the four of us (Lila had a couple bites too), there were only two pieces left ... and I lost count but I think I technically ate 2.75 pieces ...
 


Ingredients: 
1 box of yellow cake mix
2 small box of instant vanilla pudding
1/2 cup of veggie oil
1 1/4 cups of water
4 eggs
1 TBL good quality almond extract
1 cup fresh raspberries (from our crop!)
2 cups powdered sugar
Couple splashes of of milk

Directions: 
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Spray a 10 inch bundt pan with non-stick spray

In mixing bowl, combine cake mix, pudding boxes, oil, water, almond extract and eggs with electric mixer.  Gently stir in your raspberries. Pour into prepared bundt pan.

Bake 40-45 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.

Let cake rest on counter in pan 10 minutes.  Then, invert cake onto serving plate to finish cooling.  

To make the icing, I mixed two cups of powdered sugar with a few dashes of milk until I got the desired "icing" consistency, then mixed and poured onto the cooled cake. 

And, since presentation is everything, I put a few raspberries on top of the glaze for presentation. This was a great dessert but would be a delicious brunch/breakfast item as well!

Enjoy!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Scroll
to Top